This is the dichotomy of my life today:
On the one hand, I’m cheering on a dear friend of mine who is competing in Ironman Florida today. I’m watching her stats online and I get excited every time they update a leg of the race with her time and ranking. Very cool.
On the other hand, I am hanging out with Miss P and her daddy, eating the leftover Halloween candy (we have a ton of it because it rained and we had virtually no trick-or-treaters) and waiting for my new pajama jeans to come out of the dryer.
I should probably go take a walk or something – and start living by this sign!
So what’s new in the land of Miss P? Well, a whole lot!
– She’s talking up a storm, adding these words to her vocabulary: apple, bike, frog.
– She has been enjoying the outdoors quite a bit with the cooler weather. I rarely look at her that she doesn’t have her cheeks stuffed with fallen acorns. I open my hand and she dutifully spits them out into it, then runs off to find more.
– She discovered an anthill. She was with my husband out in the backyard and wandered into an anthill. I heard him cry out and I ran out to find him holding her up and swatting her legs. He said only a few got on her and he got them off. I took her shoes and socks off to check and make sure none were lurking, then put them back on her. Later that day she had about 8 bites on her little legs and feet.
– Since her fall from the shopping cart in September she is longer a daredevil. I keep her strapped in the front of the cart, and she hasn’t tried to even stand up once.
– She has fallen in love with vanilla flavored milk. Every time we go to Target I buy her a little box of vanilla milk from Starbucks and she sucks it down. That was getting expensive at $1.95 a pop, so I found this recipe to make my own (I had to use real sugar instead of agave since I didn’t have any in the house) and she doesn’t know the difference. Although when we went to Target the other day and I was leaving without stopping in Starbucks she pointed at the store as we went past and made the sign for milk. Luckily she got over that pretty quick.
– She was Strawberry Shortcake for Halloween. Hated the hat, but she hates all hats. I tried for a hatless costume (Annie, Hermione, even Merida from Brave) but everything I wanted was sold out in stores AND online. Mental note: start looking for Halloween costumes in August next year).
– She’ll be 15 months old in just a few days!
I’m dealing with some serious mommy envy right now because of stupid, useless Facebook. I’ll write more about that later.
I’m happy to be back, and even happier to announce my association with the The Southern Girl Blog Community and That’s Fresh Friday. Hope to see you around here again soon!