Who Would’ve Thought?
Nowadays I’m a stay-at-home-almost-mom and freelance writer. It’s a very different life than I led in the past!For instance, I’m no longer chained to a desk and clocked in for someone else’s profit. I make my own hours, and I love what I do (and who I work for – me!).
Today I did a few freelance items, and then I did some mommy stuff. I got fluffmail! My order of all-in-two (AI2) pocket diapers came in the mail, so I’ve spent the afternoon unpacking them and prepping them. I love the colors of the diapers, and the few patterns that I picked out are even cuter in person than they were on the website.
I’ll be stuffing pockets for a bit (I got 24 of them) and then I’ll be pre-folding more of my flats using the origami (or bat-wing) fold. I love the idea of having stacks and stacks of clean, fluffy diapers ready for my little muffin when she is ready to come out.
It’s a very different life from the highly competitive world of commercial insurance. I didn’t expect to love it this much. I would imagine it will be even better once the baby is here.
- Diaper Prep (newadventuresoldmom.wordpress.com)
- The High Cost of Poverty – Diapering Edition (diaperbanknetwork.wordpress.com)
- Using Cloth Diapers Again – Some Tips (backwardslife.com)
- Everything I think you should know about cloth diapers. (theknittingsiren.typepad.com)
- Cloth Diapering – An opinion from a Non-Hippie Husband (franklingoose.typepad.com)